Baked Flaked Chicken
This classic baked chicken dinner is easy enough for the busiest of weeknights. Flake it, bake it, and enjoy.
|Serving size:||4 oz of chicken|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||25 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
3 medium bowls
9x13-inch baking sheet
Measuring cups and spoons
Recipe Sourced from Share our Strength’s Cooking Matters
1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenderloins or breasts
1 1/2 cups corn flake cereal
3 tablespoons whole wheat or all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 large egg
2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Remove skin, if any, from chicken pieces. If working with large chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise for faster cooking time. Trim any excess fat.
- Crush corn flakes in a zip-close bag. Pour into medium bowl.
- In a second medium bowl mix flour, salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- In a third medium bowl, add eggs and milk. Whisk with a fork.
- Dip each chicken piece into flour mixture, then egg mixture, then corn flakes. Each piece should be fully coated with flakes.
- Place chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced. Spray pieces lightly with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until chicken is crispy, and has reached internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Spice it up! Add more seasonings to the flour such as Chili powder, cayenne pepper or Italian seasoning.
- Make this a whole meal by adding a vegetable side such as Celebrate Your Plate Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges or Celebrate Your Plate Oven-Roasted Carrot Fries.