Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad
Gluten-Free | Salads | Side Dishes | No Added Sugars | Vegetarian | WIC Friendly | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Cauliflower, cooking’s greatest chameleon, lets you keep all the flavor but none of the carbs of your fav side dish.
50 minutesTotal Time
$0.65Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||3/4 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes + 30 minutes of chill time|
|Total time:||50 minutes|
Large pot or bowl for cooking cauliflower on stove or in the microwave
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1 1/2 cups cauliflower (about 1/2 of a small head)
2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup plain Greek low-fat yogurt
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 dash black pepper
2 dill pickle spears, chopped
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Chop cauliflower into bite-size pieces and cook:
- On the stove: Add cauliflower to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes or until a piece can be pierced easily with a fork.
- In the microwave: Add cauliflower to large bowl with two teaspoons of water and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower and add to a medium bowl. Add eggs and pickles to bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Add to the cauliflower mixture and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
What goes in Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)