Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad
Cauliflower, cooking’s greatest chameleon, lets you keep all the flavor but none of the carbs of your fav side dish.
|Serving size:||3/4 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes + 30 minutes of chill time|
|Total time:||50 minutes|
Large pot OR large bowl (for cooking cauliflower on stove vs. in microwave)
1 1/2 cups cauliflower
2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Dash of pepper
2 dill pickle spears, chopped
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
2. Chop cauliflower into bite-size pieces and cook:
On the stove: Add cauliflower to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes or until a piece can be pierced easily with a fork.
In the microwave: Add cauliflower to large bowl with two teaspoons of water and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
2. Drain cauliflower and add to a medium bowl. Add eggs and pickles to bowl.
3. In a small bowl combine yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper. Add to the cauliflower mixture and toss to coat.
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.