Chewy Fruit & Nut Bars
It’s true! These fruit and nut bars are easy to make and can be personalized to your specific tastes.
|Serving size:||1 piece|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||N/A, but 4 hours of chill time|
|Total time:||4 hours, 20 minutes|
Square 9x9-inch baking sheet
Wax or parchment paper
Medium mixing bowl
Small microwave-safe bowl
Measuring cups and spoons
1/2 cup unsalted nuts, chopped
3/4 cup dried fruit (reduced sugar cranberries, raisins, etc.), chopped
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup crispy rice cereal
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
1/2 cup peanut butter OR nut butter
1/4 cup honey OR maple syrup
1 tablespoon olive oil OR vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon (regular or imitation) vanilla extract
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- Line a square 9x9-inch baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Put the nuts, dried fruit, oats, rice cereal, and coconut (if using) in a medium-sized bowl and toss well.
- Put the nut butter, honey, and oil in the small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until the nut butter is softened. Stir until smooth. Add the vanilla and stir again.
- Pour the nut butter mixture into the oat/cereal mixture and mix until well combined.
- Put the mixture into the prepared pan and pat down as hard as you can.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into 16 pieces.
- Chewy Fruit and Nut Bars keep best when refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.