Breakfast | Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Kid Approved | Quick & Easy | Low Sodium | Low Fat | No Added Sugars | Vegan | Vegetarian | WIC Friendly | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Simple, refreshing and a healthy way to get everyone drinking more water.
5 minutesTotal Time
Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||2 cups|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1-2 cups fresh fruit, chopped (see flavor suggestions below)
1 lemon OR lime, juiced
8 cups water
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Add chopped fruit and lemon or lime juice to a large pitcher. Fill pitcher with water and cover with plastic wrap.
- Store overnight in refrigerator.
- 1 cup watermelon, 1 lime, 5 mint leaves
- 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cucumber (sliced)
- 2 cups pineapple cubes, 5 mint leaves, 4 slices of ginger
- 1 orange (thinly sliced), 1 pint raspberries
- After drinking the water you can eat the fruit or use it in a smoothie.
What goes in Flavored Water?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)