Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Chips
Sweet and healthy at the same time? Yes, please! Loaded with fruit and full of flavor, your family will love this treat.
|Serving size:||3/4 cup fruit salsa and 6 tortilla chips|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
For the fruit salsa:
4 cups fresh or canned fruit, diced (such as 2 small apples, 1 15 ounce can sliced peaches in juice, drained, and 8 ounces fresh strawberries)
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
For the cinnamon sugar chips:
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 whole wheat tortillas
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, and produce.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, combine diced fruit with lemon juice in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until serving time.
- Stack tortillas on a cutting board, cut stack in half, and cut each half into three wedges to make a total of 36 pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Spray front and back of several tortilla wedges with non-stick spray. Press wedges one at a time into cinnamon sugar mixture before the spray dries. Arrange wedges on prepared pan(s) in a single layer.
- When baking sheet(s) is full, bake 8-10 minutes, turning once halfway through baking time. If only using one baking sheet, bake second batch.
- Cool chips and serve with fruit salsa.