Hearty Lentil Stew
The perfect stew for cold weather, but tasty any time of year!
|Temperature:||Medium heat, High heat, Low heat|
|Serving size:||2 cups|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||45 minutes|
|Total time:||60 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
2 tablespoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
1 yellow onion
6 cloves garlic, minced OR 2 tablespoons garlic powder
4 stalks celery
2 pounds potatoes
1 cup uncooked brown lentils
1 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme (optional)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 cup frozen peas
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Dice onion, mince garlic, and add to large pot with olive or vegetable oil. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Dice celery and carrots. Add to pot and cook for additional 3-5 minutes.
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Add to pot along with lentils, Dijon mustard, vegetable broth, rosemary, and thyme (is using).
- Stir ingredients to combine, place lid on the pot, and increase heat to high until the stew reaches a boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add frozen peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.