Hearty Lentil Stew
The perfect stew for cold weather, but tasty any time of year!
|Temperature:||Medium, high, low|
|Serving size:||2 cups|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||45 minutes|
|Total time:||60 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 yellow onion
4 cloves garlic, minced or 2 tablespoons garlic powder
4 stalks celery
2 pounds potatoes
1 cup dried brown lentils
1 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
½ teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
1 cup frozen peas
1. Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
2. Dice onion, mince garlic and add to large pot with olive or vegetable oil and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
3. Dice celery and carrots and add to pot and cook for 3-5 more minutes.
4. Peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes and add to pot along with lentils, Dijon mustard, vegetable broth and rosemary and thyme (if using).
5. Stir ingredients to combine, place lid on the pot, and increase heat to high until the stew reaches a boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add frozen peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.