No-Crust Pumpkin Pie
This quick and easy version of the holiday classic is full of creamy pumpkin flavor and lighter with no crust.
|Serving size:||1/8 of pie|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||55 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour, 5 minutes|
9-inch pie pan, Large bowl
Fork or spoon for stirring
Measuring cups and spoons
Recipe Sourced from University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Nutrition Education Program
2 large eggs
1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil OR vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice OR 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup non-fat dry milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and tops of cans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw eggs. Add remaining ingredients except water and mix together.
- Slowly stir in water until well mixed. Pour into prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes total, checking at 40 minutes. If edges are overly browning remove from oven and apply a loose ring of tin foil covering the edges, and put back in oven until finished. Pie is finished when middle of pie is set, and when inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Make this recipe gluten-free by substituting gluten-free flour.