The secret ingredient to these oats is time. You’ll never make regular oats again.
|Serving size:||Entire Recipe|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
Small, air-tight container
1/2 cup rolled oats
Dash of salt
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1 teaspoon sweetener (sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, etc.)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and fruit, if using.
2. Mix together rolled oats, salt, low fat milk, and sweetener.
3. If using, stir in ingredients for a flavor combination.
4. Place in an air-tight container and refrigerate overnight.
Apple cinnamon walnut: 1/4 cup unsweet applesauce, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon walnuts
Brown sugar cinnamon: 2 teaspoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Chocolate peanut butter: 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- Overnight Oats can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Overnight Oats can be eaten warm or cold. To heat up, put oats in a microwave-safe container and heat one high for one minute and stir.