The secret ingredient to these oats is time. You’ll never make regular oats again.
|Serving size:||Entire recipe|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
Small, air-tight container
Measuring cups and spoons
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 dash salt
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1 teaspoon sweetener (sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, etc.)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and fruit, if using.
- Mix together rolled oats, salt, low fat milk, and sweetener.
- If using, stir in ingredients for a flavor combination.
- Place in an air-tight container and refrigerate overnight.
- Apple cinnamon walnut: 1/4 cup unsweet applesauce, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon walnuts
- Brown sugar cinnamon: 2 teaspoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chocolate peanut butter: 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- Overnight Oats can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Overnight Oats can be eaten warm or cold. To heat up, put oats in a microwave-safe container and heat on high for one minute and stir.