This flavorful pasta combines your choice of pasta and garden-fresh veggies for a light and refreshing dish.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Non-stick frying pan
Measuring cups and spoons
1 cup uncooked whole grain pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil OR vegetable oil
2 cups vegetables (zucchini, onion, eggplant, carrots, bell pepper, etc.), chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning OR Celebrate Your Plate Italian Seasoning
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, heat oil in frying pan.
- Add vegetables, garlic powder, black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook until tender, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato and sauté 2 more minutes.
- When noodles are done booking, drain then, rinse with cool water, and add to frying pan with vegetables.
- Toss vegetables with noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- For your mixed vegetables, try frozen vegetable mixes or in-season vegetables.