Pinto Bean Dip
Try this super easy-to-make recipe on game day or as a great party appetizer.
|Serving size:||1/4 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
Large zip-close plastic bag
Measuring cups and spoons
1 15 ounce can of no salt added pinto beans, drained and rinsed OR 2 cups prepared dried pinto beans (about 2/3 cup dried beans)
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup salsa
Vegetables for dipping, chopped
Optional toppings: shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes or onions, cilantro, jalapeños, etc.
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables. If using dried beans, prepare according to package directions.
- If using dried beans, prepare with. quick soak following package directions. Then cook beans following package instructions
- Add beans to a large, zip-close bag. Squeeze extra air out of bag and seal. Mash beans with your fingers until beans have a smooth consistency.
- Add yogurt and salsa to the bag. Reseal bag and mash with fingers until well-combined.
- Serve immediately with freshly-cut vegetables or refrigerate for a firmer consistency.