Ramen Cabbage Salad
Last-minute potluck invitation? Reimagine a packet of ramen to create this easy and satisfying salad.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
Fork or stirring utensil
Measuring cups and spoons
For the Salad
5 cups cabbage, shredded
2 cups broccoli, chopped
1 cup carrots, shredded
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 package chicken flavored ramen noodles, crushed
For the Dressing
1 ramen seasoning packet
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, broccoli, carrot, green onions, and uncooked ramen noodles.
- For the dressing, combine ramen seasoning packet, vinegar, sugar, and oil in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Pour dressing over salad. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until ready to be served.
- This salad also goes great with some more color! You can try adding red onion or some bell pepper for added flavor.
- If you’re watching your sodium intake, try using ½ of the ramen seasoning packet.
- Shop your pantry! Other flavors of ramen such as beef, soy sauce, or miso flavor work just as well as chicken.