Watermelon Summer Salad
Bright and refreshing. Sweet yet tangy. Name a more perfect summer salad…we’ll wait.
|Serving size:||1/2 cup|
|Prep time:||12 minutes|
|Total time:||12 minutes|
Large plate or serving platter
Fork or whisk
Measuring cups and spoons
For the Dressing
2 tablespoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
3 tablespoons lime juice (about 1.5 limes)
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Salad
5 cups seedless watermelon (about 1 small melon), cubed
1 medium cucumber, sliced into half moons
1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup torn mint OR basil leaves
1 pinch salt
1/2 (jalapeño or serrano) pepper (optional)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, and salt.
- Arrange the watermelon, cucumber, and red onions on a large plate or platter. Drizzle with half the dressing. Top with the feta, mint, and jalapeño pepper, if using, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Season to taste and serve.
- For a spicier option, add 1/2 jalapeno or serrano pepper, thinly sliced.
- To jazz it up, try adding fresh berries to the watermelon salad!