Layer your favorite fruit with crunchy granola and non-fat vanilla yogurt for parfaits that are pretty to look at and even better to eat.
|Serving size:||One parfait|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||10 minutes|
Spoon for layering ingredients
Measuring cups and spoons
4 cups (fresh or frozen) fruit, thawed
3 cups vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 1/2 cups granola
2 tablespoons almonds, sliced (optional)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and fruit.
- If using fresh fruit, peel, and/or trim as needed. Cut fresh or frozen fruit into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Layer 1/4 cup yogurt into each of 6 cups or bowls. Top with 1/4 cup sliced fruit and 2 tablespoons of granola.
- Repeat layers one more time, ending with a layer of granola.
- Top with sliced almonds (if using).
- Try using different flavors of low-fat yogurt in your parfait.
- Layer parfait just before serving to keep granola crunchy.
- Use any high-fiber cereal you like instead of granola.
- To save money, use fresh fruits in season. When seasonal fruits are hard to find, used thawed frozen fruit.