Layer your favorite fruit with crunchy granola and non-fat vanilla yogurt for parfaits that are pretty to look at and even better to eat.
|Serving size:||One parfait|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||10 minutes|
Bowls for serving
Spoon for layering
Recipe sourced from Share Our Strength's Cooking Matters
4 cups fresh or thawed frozen fruit (bananas, strawberries, peaches, or mango)
3 cups non-fat vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 cups granola
2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils and fresh fruit.
- If using fresh fruit, peel, and/or trim as needed. Cut fresh or frozen fruit into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Layer 1/4 cup yogurt into each of 6 cups or bowls. Top with 1/4 cup sliced fruit and 2 tablespoons of granola.
- Repeat layers one more time, ending with a layer of granola.
- Top with sliced almonds if using.
- Try using different flavors of nonfat yogurt in your parfait.
- Layer parfait just before serving to keep granola crunchy.
- Use any high-fiber cereal you like instead of granola.
- Try topping with rinsed, chopped fresh mint leaves for extra flavor and color.
- To save money, use fresh fruits in season. When seasonal fruits are hard to find, used thawed frozen fruit.