Fruit and Peanut Butter Dip
Sweeten up snack time with this smooth and creamy peanut butter dip.
|Serving size:||1.5 tbsp dip and 1 cup fruit|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
2 small bowls
Serve as a snack or dessert
1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
2/3 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
6 cups fruit, sliced
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and fruits.
- To make the dip, soften peanut butter in microwave for 10 to 20 seconds on high.
- Stir yogurt into peanut butter in a small bowl. Refrigerate.
- Prepare fruit by washing and slicing.
- Arrange fruit on a plate with the bowl of dip in the center. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fruits that work well: apples, pears, peaches, oranges, clementines, grapes, bananas, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, cherries.
- Fruit in season will be less expensive and have a fuller flavor.
- Fruit can also be cut into bite-size pieces and put into a bowl. Stir the dip into the bowl of fruit for a lightly dressed fruit salad.
- Canned fruit can be used if fruit is well drained before blending with the dip to make a fruit salad.
- This is a great way to get everyone to try new tastes.