Fruit and Nut Slaw
An ultra-fast way to add a new dimension of delicious to typical slaw.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
Spatula or wooden spoon
Fork or whisk
5 cups thinly sliced cabbage (or 1 16 ounce bag shredded cabbage for coleslaw)
1/2 cup dried fruit (reduced sugar cranberries, raisins, etc.)
1 carrot, grated (on the medium holes of a box grater)
1/3 cup any type of vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups thinly sliced apples (2-3 medium apples)
1/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc.)
1. Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, fruit and vegetables.
2. Add cabbage, dried fruit and carrots to large bowl.
3. In small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper with a fork or whisk.
4. Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
5. Add apple and nuts just before serving and mix well.