Fruit and Nut Slaw
An ultra-fast way to add a new dimension of delicious to typical slaw.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
Spatula or wooden spoon
Fork or whisk
Measuring cups and spoons
5 cups cabbage, thinly sliced OR 1 16 ounce bag coleslaw mix
1/2 cup dried fruit (reduced sugar cranberries, raisins, etc.)
1 carrot, shredded
1/3 cup vinegar (white, red wine, or apple cider)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 medium apples, cored and thinly sliced
1/4 cup unsalted nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc.), chopped
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, fruit, and vegetables.
- Add cabbage, dried fruit, and carrots to large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper with a fork or whisk.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture. Toss to combine.
- Add apple and nuts just before serving and mix well.