Mac and Cheese In a Mug
|Serving size:||Entire Recipe|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||3 minutes|
|Total time:||8 minutes|
Large mug (2.5 cups/20 ounces)
1/2 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni OR other small pasta
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetables chopped fine (broccoli and onion)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt, pepper, hot sauce, to taste (optional)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
2. In large, microwave-safe mug, spray mug with a non-stick spray and add macaroni and water. Use small shape pasta like elbow macaroni or orzo -- it will not work with a larger pasta shape like rotini, penne, etc.
3. Place mug on a large plate. Microwave at full power for 1 minute.
4. Remove from microwave mug and stir macaroni, making sure to loosen any macaroni that may be stuck to the bottom of mug.
5. Microwave for an additional 1 minute and stir again.
6. Add vegetables and continue to microwave mixture at 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Cook until noodles are tender. If your macaroni gets dry, add 1 tablespoon of water.
7. Working quickly, add in cheese and stir until cheese melts completely and evenly coats macaroni. Add salt, ground black pepper or hot sauce if using, and serve immediately.