Turkey Apple Breakfast Sausage
Combine these savory patties with a side of eggs for a hearty breakfast you’ll love.
|Serving size:||2 patties|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
1 cup shredded apple (shredded using the large holes of a box grater)
4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
16 oz. lean ground turkey (or chicken)
1. Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and fruit.
2. Spray skillet with non-stick spray and place over medium heat. Add apples and cook until the apples are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cool completely.
2. Add turkey, breadcrumbs, sage, pepper, salt, and paprika; mix well.
3. Divide the sausage mixture into 16 portions and form into 3/4 inch-thick patties.
4. Cook the patties in skillet on medium heat about 4 minutes per side until the internal temperature measures 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Could also cook sausage patties on a baking sheet in the oven at 450 degrees for 8 minutes.