Turkey Apple Breakfast Sausage
Breakfast | Dairy-Free | Side Dishes | Low Sodium | No Added Sugars | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Combine these savory patties with a side of eggs for a hearty breakfast you’ll love.
30 minutesTotal Time
$0.40Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||2 patties|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1 cup apple, shredded using large holes of box grater
4 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 pound lean (85% or leaner) ground turkey OR 1 pound ground chicken
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and fruit.
- Spray frying pan with non-stick spray and place over medium heat. Add apples and cook until they are tender, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to completely cool.
- Add turkey, breadcrumbs, sage, black pepper, salt, and paprika to the large bowl. Mix well.
- Divide the sausage mixture into 16 portions and form into 3/4 inch-thick patties.
- Cook the patties in a frying pan on medium heat, about 4 minutes per side, until the internal temperature measures 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- You could also try cooking sausage patties on a baking sheet in the oven at 450 degrees for 8 minutes.
What goes in Turkey Apple Breakfast Sausage?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)