Turkey Cranberry Wrap
This wrap makes a great on-the-go breakfast, lunch or snack.
|Serving size:||1 wrap (main dish); 1/2 wrap (snack)|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges and glass of fat-free milk
1 large 8 inch whole-wheat tortilla wrap
2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1/2 apple, cored and sliced 1/8 inch thick
2 ounces sliced deli turkey
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, fruits and vegetables.
- Lay tortilla on clean surface.
- Spread cream cheese over the tortilla. Top with dried cranberries and sliced apple.
- Layer turkey on top of fillings. Sprinkle with chopped red onion. Top with spinach and any additional toppings.
- Roll wrap tightly into a cylinder, beginning at the bottom and tucking in the sides as you go. Cut in half and serve.
- Add avocado, cucumber, or other sandwich toppings.
- Use any dark green, leafy vegetable instead of spinach: lettuce, kale, cabbage, broccoli.
- Use other fresh fruit in season instead of apple: pear, strawberry, blueberry, peach.
- Use other dried fruit instead of cranberries: raisins, apricots, apple.
- Use beans instead of turkey for a low-cost protein boost.