Veggie Crockpot Lasagna
Easy to assemble and even easier to cook, this meatless lasagna is still as hearty as can be.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||3 hours, let sit for 1 hour before cutting|
|Total time:||4 hours and 15 minutes|
Crockpot (6-7 quart)
2 24 ounce jars or cans of tomato sauce
9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
32 ounces ricotta or cottage cheese
3-4 cups fresh vegetables, chopped (kale, onion, carrots, and zucchini) OR 2, 12 ounce bags frozen vegetables
2 cups shredded mozzarella OR provolone cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, produce, and tops of cans.
2. Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce on bottom of the crockpot.
4. Break noodles to fit and cover tomato sauce in the crockpot.
5. Layer 1/3 of ricotta OR cottage cheese, veggies, sauce, and shredded mozzarella OR provolone cheese.
6. Add another layer of noodles and repeat layering ingredients two more times for a total of three complete layers. End with a layer of noodles on top.
7. Top with parmesan cheese.
8. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. Turn crockpot off completely and let the lasagna cool for one hour.