Apple Oatmeal Muffins
These delicious muffins will fill your stomach with flavor and your house with scents of baked apple and cinnamon.
|Serving size:||1 muffin|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, muffin tin, large bowl, mixing spoon, toothpick
1/2 cup non-fat milk
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce OR 1 egg
1/2 cup all-purpose flour OR whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 apple, core removed and chopped
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, fruit, and utensils.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Spray 7 wells of a muffin tin with non-stick spray
4. In a large bowl stir milk and applesauce or egg together.
5. Add flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon and stir until just mixed.
6. Gently stir in the chopped apples.
7. Spoon batter evenly into the 7 muffin wells.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.