Apple Oatmeal Muffins
These delicious muffins will fill your stomach with flavor and your house with scents of baked apple and cinnamon.
|Serving size:||1 muffin|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce OR 1 egg
1/2 cup all-purpose flour OR whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 apple, cored and chopped
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, fruit, and utensils.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 7 cups of a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl stir milk and applesauce or egg together.
- Add flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir until just mixed.
- Gently stir in the chopped apples.
- Spoon batter evenly into the 7 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.