Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup is universal. This comforting classic is made of simple, nourishing ingredients that are tried and true.
|Temperature:||High for 3-4 hours OR Low for 6-8 hours|
|Serving size:||1 1/2 cup|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low|
|Total time:||3-4 hours OR 6-8 hours|
Measuring cups and spoons
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 stalks celery, sliced
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced OR 2 teaspoons powdered garlic
1 tablespoon fresh thyme OR 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary OR 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
8 cups fat-free chicken stock
8 ounces egg noodles
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, and vegetables.
- Add the chicken, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and black pepper into the slow cooker.
- Pour in the chicken stock.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 15 minutes, remove the chicken breast. Shred with a fork.
- Taste soup, add salt as needed. Add the shredded chicken and the egg noodles, then combine. Cover with lid and cook for the last 15 minutes.
- If you don’t have egg noodles in your pantry this recipe tastes great with any kind of medium or larger pasta shape!
- Don’t have chicken stock on hand? You can replace it with chicken broth.