Apple Tuna Sandwich
Gluten-Free | Main Dishes | Quick & Easy | Low Fat | WIC Friendly | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
This refreshing and satisfying meal requires no cooking and is loaded with big flavor and lots of crunch.
15 minutesTotal Time
$0.41Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||1/2 cup tuna/chicken mixture + 1 whole grain piece of toast, muffin, wrap, or on lettuce|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1 5 ounce can tuna in water
1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
4 slices whole grain: bread slices, English muffins, tortillas, crackers etc. OR 4 lettuce leaves for serving
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and fruit.
- Chop apple into small pieces.
- Drain the water from the can of tuna or chicken.
- Add tuna, apple, yogurt, mustard, and honey to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Put 1/2 cup tuna mixture on your choice of whole grain bread or lettuce to make a sandwich or wrap.
What goes in Apple Tuna Sandwich?
Whole Wheat English Muffin
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)