Apple Tuna Sandwich
This refreshing and satisfying meal requires no cooking and is loaded with big flavor and lots of crunch.
|Serving size:||1/2 cup tuna/chicken mixture + 1 whole grain piece of toast, muffin, wrap, or on lettuce|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
1 5 ounce can tuna in water
1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
4 slices whole grain: bread slices, English muffins, tortillas, crackers etc. OR 4 lettuce leaves for serving
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and fruit.
- Chop apple into small pieces.
- Drain the water from the can of tuna or chicken.
- Add tuna, apple, yogurt, mustard, and honey to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Put 1/2 cup tuna mixture on your choice of whole grain bread or lettuce to make a sandwich or wrap.