Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes
Top these chocolate-flavored delights with walnuts, fruit, or non-fat whipped topping for a dressed-up dessert.
|Serving size:||1 cupcake|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes, cool time 5-10 minutes|
|Total time:||40 minutes|
Muffin tin or cupcake pan
Top off your cupcake with non-fat whipped topping and a cup of fruit
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
1 box chocolate cake mix
¾ cup apple juice
½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils and tops of cans.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease or spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, cake mix, eggs, and apple juice in large mixing bowl.
- Mix batter well. Fill muffin tin or cupcake pan 2/3 full of batter with spoon. If using walnuts, sprinkle on top.
- Bake according to package directions for cupcakes (about 20 minutes)
- Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Remove from tin & serve.
- Use ½ cup apple juice if your cake mix is smaller (such as 15-25 ounces).
- A 1/3 measuring cup works well to scoop batter into muffin tin.
- Store in airtight container or freeze in freezer bags.
- Freeze cupcakes that you will not use in four days.