Avocado Chicken Salad
Gluten-Free | Quick & Easy | Salads | Side Dishes | No Added Sugars | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Greek yogurt adds a flavorful tang to this satisfying chicken salad. Try it wrapped in fresh lettuce for a satisfying crunch.
20 minutesTotal Time
$1.50Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||3/4 cup|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Fork or Potato masher
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1 ripe avocado, cubed, divided
2/3 cup plain Greek low-fat yogurt
1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1/2 lime), divided
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded OR 1 12 ounce can chicken breast in water
1 stalk celery, diced
2 tablespoons red onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, produce, and utensils.
- Add 1/2 of the avocado to small bowl, smash with fork until it forms an even mash. Add yogurt, 1/2 tablespoon lime juice, and chili powder. Mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl, shred chicken using two forks.
- Add remaining 1/2 of the avocado, celery, remaining lime juice, red onion, salt, and black pepper into the medium bowl. Add in yogurt mixture to medium bowl and stir to combine.
- You can also use a potato masher or fork to smash your avocado!
- You can also eat this salad with lettuce leaves or crackers.
What goes in Avocado Chicken Salad?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)