Avocado Chicken Salad
Greek yogurt adds a flavorful tang to this satisfying chicken salad. Try it wrapped in fresh lettuce for a satisfying crunch.
|Serving size:||3/4 cup|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Medium Bowl, Measuring Cups and Spoons, Small Bowl
Fork or Masher, Mixing Spoon
1 ripe avocado, cubed, divided
2/3 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lime juice, divided
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded, or 1 12 ounce can of chicken breast
1 stalk celery, diced
2 tablespoons red onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, produce, and utensils.
- Add 1/2 of the avocado to small bowl, smash with fork until it forms an even mash. Add yogurt, 1/2 tablespoon lime juice, and chili powder. Mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl, shred chicken using two forks.
- Add remaining 1/2 of the avocado, celery, remaining lime juice, red onion, salt, and black pepper into the medium bowl. Add in yogurt mixture to medium bowl and stir to combine.
- You can also use a potato masher or fork to smash your avocado!
- You can also eat this salad with lettuce leaves or crackers.