Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Side Dishes | Snacks | No Added Sugars | Vegan | Vegetarian | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
These tasty, toasty “fries” are a powerhouse of vitamins.
45 minutesTotal Time
$0.26Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||3/4 - 1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
11x14-inch baking sheet
Spatula or fork
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
4 medium sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Spicy option: add spices to oil before tossing with potatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced OR 2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray an 11x14-inch baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Wash potatoes. Remove ends. Do not peel.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into wedges of roughly equal size. Place into a large bowl.
- Toss potato wedges with oil.
- For the spicy option: add garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and black pepper to oil before tossing to coat all sides.
- Arrange wedges on pan in a single layer, without crowding.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until wedges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven to turn each wedge. Return to oven for 15 minutes to brown.
- For a different flavor, try this recipe with sweet-tasting spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice!
What goes in Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)