Baked Apple for One
Breakfast | Dairy-Free | Desserts | Gluten-Free | Kid Approved | Quick & Easy | Low Sodium | Low Fat | High in Fiber | Vegan | Vegetarian | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Satisfy your sweet tooth in a matter of minutes with single-serving “baked” apples made in the microwave.
6-7 minutesTotal Time
$0.48Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||1 medium apple|
|Prep time:||3 minutes|
|Cook time:||3-4 minutes|
|Total time:||6-7 minutes|
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1 firm medium apple
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon water
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and fruit.
- Chop apples into 1/2” cubes and place in a microwave-safe bowl or dish.
- Toss apples with cinnamon and brown sugar to evenly coat. Drizzle with water.
- Tightly cover bowl with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir. Cover, return to microwave, and cook on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir. Return to microwave and cook, uncovered, for 30-60 seconds, or until apples are soft and liquid has begun to form a glaze.
- Remove from microwave and cool slightly before serving.
- Want a different flavor? Try swapping fresh pears or peaches and adjust cooking time as necessary.
- Microwave times may vary. After the first two 1-minute times, cook 30-60 seconds at a time until apples are tender. Then uncover and cook 30-60 seconds to glaze.
- Top with chopped nuts or dried fruit for added flavor and texture.
- This recipe can easily be multiplied to feed a crowd. Place all ingredients in a large baking dish and cover with foil. Bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes, or until apples are soft and can easily be pierced with a fork. Uncover and cook for an additional 5 minutes to thicken the liquid.
What goes in Baked Apple for One?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)