Loaded Bell Pepper Nachos
Hearty bell pepper wedges are the “chip” every nacho lover needs – strong enough to scoop up all that cheesy goodness!
|Serving size:||About 6 wedges|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||35 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
4 bell peppers, cut into wedges
2 tablespoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 clove garlic, minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 avocado, chopped
1 16 ounce jar salsa OR 1 cup Celebrate Your Plate Summer Salsa
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/2 tablespoon low-fat milk
1 pinch salt (optional)
1 pinch black pepper (optional)
1/2 cup pickled jalapeño pepper slices (optional)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, and produce.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and line rimmed baking sheet aluminum foil.
- Place peppers on the baking sheet. Toss with oil, cumin, and garlic powder. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the seasoned peppers on the baking sheet in a single layer, peel side down. Bake until peppers are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- While peppers are roasting in the oven, make the sour cream mixed topping. In a small bowl, use a fork to whisk sour cream and milk together. Set aside.
- Remove peppers from the oven and top peppers with cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes is over, take peppers out of oven and drizzle sour cream mixture over peppers.
- Top with chopped avocado, salsa, and pickled jalapeños, if using.