Baked Balsamic Peach Salad
Made with either fresh or canned peaches, this sweet and savory salad is delicious any time of year.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
4 peaches OR 2 15 ounce cans peaches
6 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing, divided
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil OR vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced OR 2 teaspoons garlic powder
5 ounces mixed salad greens OR romaine lettuce
1/2 cucumber, chopped
3/4 cup red onion, sliced
1/2 cup unsalted nuts (almonds, pecans, cashews), chopped (optional)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, fruit, and vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Halve the peaches and remove the pit. Cut into wedges. Brush the cut sides with 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette. Lay out on baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flipping peaches halfway.
- Coat chicken breast with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook the chicken in a frying pan, for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken until browned on one side. Brush with 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette on cooked side and repeat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare the chicken for the salad by cutting into bite sized pieces.
- Add the peaches and chicken to a bowl with the mixed greens, cucumber, red onion, and nuts if using, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette. Mix thoroughly.
- Don’t have balsamic salad dressing or chicken breast on hand? This salad is great with any vinaigrette-based salad dressing, and tastes great with canned chicken!
- Add some more color to this salad by topping it off with berries, or any other fruit you have on hand.