Baked Pear Parfait
Roasting firm pears brings out their natural juicy sweetness, which means this parfait could pass as dessert.
|Temperature:||375 degrees F and Medium Heat|
|Serving size:||1/2 Pear with 1/2 cup Yogurt|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||40 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
Baking Dish, Small Saucepan, Serving Dishes, Measuring Cups and Spoons
Knife, Spoon, Mixing Spoon
2 pears, Bartlett or Anjou, firm
1/2 cup 100% apple juice
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups low-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup granola
2 tablespoons walnuts, or unsalted nuts, chopped
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, produce and utensils.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the pears in half lengthwise, and remove cores with a spoon. Place in an 8x8-inch baking dish, cut-sides down.
- Pour apple juice and water over pears, and drizzle with honey. Cover pan loosely with foil and bake about 35 minutes or until tender.
- When pears are done, pour liquid remaining in baking dish into a small saucepan. Reduce over medium heat until liquid forms a syrup, and about 1/4 cup remains. Set aside to cool.
- Divide yogurt into four bowls. Place each half of the warm pear in each bowl, cut side up. Top with granola and nuts, and drizzle with pear syrup.