Baked Pear Parfait
Breakfast | Desserts | Gluten-Free | Kid Approved | Low Sodium | Vegetarian | WIC Friendly | Egg-Free
Roasting firm pears brings out their natural juicy sweetness, which means this parfait could pass as dessert.
45 minutesTotal Time
$1.15Cost per serving *
|Temperature:||375 degrees and medium heat|
|Serving size:||1/2 pear and 1/2 cup yogurt|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||40 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
2 firm (Bartlett or Anjou) pears
1/2 cup 100% apple juice
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups plain Greek low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup granola
2 tablespoons walnuts OR unsalted nuts, chopped
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, produce, and utensils.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the pears in half lengthwise, and remove cores with a spoon. Place in an 8x8-inch baking dish, cut-sides down.
- Pour apple juice and water over pears, and drizzle with honey. Cover pan loosely with foil and bake about 35 minutes or until tender.
- When pears are done, pour liquid remaining in baking dish into a small saucepan. Reduce over medium heat until liquid forms a syrup, and about 1/4 cup remains. Set aside to cool.
- Divide yogurt into four bowls. Place each half of the warm pear in each bowl, cut side up. Top with granola and nuts, and drizzle with pear syrup.
What goes in Baked Pear Parfait?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)