BBQ Chicken Salad
Gluten-Free | Kid Approved | Quick & Easy | Salads | High in Fiber | WIC Friendly | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Combine tender diced chicken chunks, black beans and veggies to make this fresh and hearty salad.
20 minutesTotal Time
$1.90Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||2 cups|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Whisk or fork
Tongs or fork to toss salad
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1 pound chicken, cooked and cooled
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (optional)
2 heads romaine lettuce
4 medium tomatoes
1 15 oz can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Dice chicken and add to a large bowl. Toss with BBQ sauce, if using.
- Chop lettuce into 1/2 inch pieces and add to bowl.
- Dice tomatoes into 1/4 inch chunks; pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture and add to bowl. Add thawed frozen corn to bowl.
- Drain and rinse black beans, shake off excess moisture, and add to bowl.
- Toss salad and dressing together. Top with shredded cheese.
- Try using different greens (kale, chard, etc.), for a different flavor and texture. You can also try adding onions and peppers to add more color to your salad!
- Make your own salad dressing by combining 1 cup plain, low-fat yogurt, 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix, and 1 tablespoon water.
What goes in BBQ Chicken Salad?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)