BBQ Chicken Salad
Tender diced chicken chunks, black beans and veggies go great with tangy BBQ ranch yogurt dressing.
|Serving size:||2 cups|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Whisk or fork
Tongs or fork to toss salad
With a side of fruit or whole grain tortilla chips.
1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
1 tablespoon water
1 pound cooked, cooled chicken
2 heads romaine lettuce
4 roma tomatoes (or other variety)
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 cup thawed frozen corn
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
For the dressing:
- Add yogurt, BBQ sauce, and ranch dressing seasoning to a small bowl and whisk with a whisk or fork to combine.
- Add water. Whisk until dressing reaches desired consistency.
For the salad:
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils and vegetables.
- Dice chicken and add to a large bowl.
- Chop lettuce into 1/2 inch pieces and add to bowl.
- Dice tomatoes into 1/4 inch chunks; pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture and add to bowl. Add thawed frozen corn to bowl.
- Drain and rinse black beans, shake off excess moisture, and add to bowl.
- Toss salad and dressing together and top with shredded cheese.
- Use different greens (kale, chard, etc.) for a different flavor and texture.
- For a less expensive option, use a head of iceberg lettuce.
- Add peppers and onions to bring more color to your salad.