Orange Glazed Carrots
Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Side Dishes | Low Fat | No Added Sugars | Vegan | Vegetarian | WIC Friendly | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Sweet, juicy carrots are even better with a glaze of orange juice.
25 minutesTotal Time
$0.74Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||3/4 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||25 minutes|
Medium frying pan
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1 pound carrots, sliced
1 cup 100% orange juice
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 pinch black pepper
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Fill a large pot half-full with water. Bring to a boil.
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, warm orange juice until liquid thickens and reduces by about 3/4. Watch carefully after it reduces by 1/2 so that it does not boil dry in the pan. Juice may take up to 20 minutes to reduce.
- Add carrots to boiling water. Cook until slightly soft but still a bit crunchy, about 7-10 minutes.
- In a colander, drain carrots. Rinse under cold water.
- In a medium bowl, add carrots, salt, basil, black pepper, and orange juice sauce. Toss until carrots are fully coated. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- To save time, steam carrots in the microwave instead of cooking on the stove. Place carrots in a microwave-safe dish with 1/2 cup of water for 3-5 minutes.
What goes in Orange Glazed Carrots?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)