Blueberry Chicken Pasta Salad
This salad starts with pasta and chicken that are already cooked for a quick and easy meal.
|Serving size:||2 cups|
|Prep time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Jar with tight lid
Measuring cups and spoons
For the Dressing
1/2 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
For the Salad
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
3 cups cooked whole grain pasta, cooled
12 ounces cooked chicken breast, sliced
4 cups dark green leafy vegetables
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, fruits and vegetables.
- Add dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake to blend or combine in a small bowl and whisk them together.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss with dressing.
- Add other fresh or frozen fruit instead of blueberries based on what's on sale or in season.
- Substitute chickpeas or white beans (no salt added, drained and rinsed) for chicken to make this dish vegetarian.
- You can use any mix of dark green leafy vegetables or broccoli for this salad.