Blueberry Chicken Pasta Salad
This salad starts with pasta and chicken that are already cooked for a quick and easy meal.
|Serving size:||2 cups|
|Prep time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Jar with tight lid
Measuring cups and spoons
Serve salad with a glass of fat-free milk.
For the Blueberry Vinaigrette
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Salad
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and drained
3 cups cooked whole grain pasta, cooled
12 ounces cooked chicken breast, sliced
4 cups dark green leafy vegetables, washed and drained
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, fruits and vegetables.
- After blueberries and dark green leafy vegetables are washed and drained, place in refrigerator.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool in large mixing bowl.
- Add vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with a lid. Shake to blend. Set aside.
- Add onion, pepper and chicken to large mixing bowl.
- Tear leafy vegetables into bite-size pieces. Add to large mixing bowl.
- Add cooked chilled pasta to large mixing bowl.
- Toss all salad ingredients with dressing and serve.
You may choose
- other fresh or frozen fruit instead of blueberries.
- beans such as chickpeas, kidney, or cannelloni (drained) for chicken.
- any mix of dark green leafy vegetables or broccoli.
- add avocado.