This creamy potato salad uses non-fat yogurt to create a satisfying twist on this classic dish.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes + 20 minutes for potatoes to cool|
|Total time:||50 minutes|
Cutting board, large pot, colander, large bowl, mixing spoon, plastic wrap
4 medium potatoes, peeled (about 3 cups or 1 pound)
1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 celery stalk, chopped
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, vegetables, and utensils.
2. Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover the potatoes.
3. Put pot over high heat and boil until potatoes are fork tender, 20-25 minutes.
4. Drain potatoes and cool.
5. While potatoes are cooling, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, salt (if using) and pepper in a large bowl.
6. Once the potatoes have cooled, cut them into bite-size cubes. Add the potatoes, celery, and onion to the yogurt mixture and stir to coat the potatoes.
7. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.