This creamy potato salad uses non-fat yogurt to create a satisfying twist on this classic dish.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes, 20 additional minutes for potatoes to cool|
|Total time:||50 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
4 medium potatoes, peeled (about 1 pound)
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Add enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Put pot over high heat and boil under you can easily pierce potatoes with a fork, about 20-25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and cool.
- While potatoes are cooling, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, black pepper, and salt (if using) in a large bowl.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, cut them into bite-sized cubes. Add the potatoes, celery, and onion to the yogurt mixture, then stir to coat the potatoes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.