Blueberry Muffin in a Mug
Breakfast | Kid Approved | Quick & Easy | Snacks | High in Fiber | Vegetarian | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
No muffin tin needed. A mug is all you need to make this quick, can’t-miss snack.
7 minutesTotal Time
$1.68Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||Entire recipe|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||1 1/2 minutes|
|Total time:||7 minutes|
Microwave-safe mug or cereal bowl
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons low-fat milk
3 to 4 tablespoons (fresh or thawed frozen) blueberries, plus 1/2 cup additional berries for serving
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and fruit.
- In a microwave-safe mug or cereal bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the butter to the mug. Using a fork or back of a spoon, mix and smash the butter into the flour mixture until no large chunks of butter remain.
- Add milk to the flour mixture and stir together.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons blueberries and stir until they are evenly distributed.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Remove from microwave, stir, and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately with remaining 1/2 cup blueberries.
What goes in Blueberry Muffin in a Mug?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)