Blueberry Muffin in a Mug
No muffin tin needed. A mug is all you need to make this quick, can’t-miss snack.
|Serving size:||Entire Recipe|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||1 1/2 minutes|
|Total time:||7 minutes|
Microwave-safe mug or cereal bowl
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons low-fat milk
3-4 tablespoons fresh or frozen blueberries, plus 1/2 cup additional berries for serving
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and fruit.
2. In a microwave safe mug or cereal bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and mix well.
3. Add the butter to the mug; using your fingers to rub or smoosh the butter into the flour mixture until no large chunks of butter remain.
4. Add milk to the flour mixture and stir together.
5. Add 3-4 tablespoons blueberries and stir until they are evenly distributed.
6. Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Remove from microwave, stir, and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
7. Serve immediately with remaining ½ cup blueberries.