One Pot Chicken Alfredo
This creamy, satisfying meal is as easy to make as it is to eat. Plus, one pot means easy clean up, too! Win, win, win.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||25 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Large pot with lid
Measuring cups and spoons
Recipe Sourced from Oregon State University’s Food Hero
1 large chicken breast, cubed
2 tablespoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 3/4 cups low-fat milk
2 cloves garlic, minced OR 2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces dry whole grain penne pasta OR whole grain spaghetti
2 cups (fresh or frozen) broccoli, chopped OR 1 12 ounce package frozen vegetable mix
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, and vegetables.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Add flour, broth, milk, garlic, onion powder, black pepper, and pasta to pot and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook until pasta is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli or frozen vegetables and cover. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- If you don’t have chicken breast on hand use one can of low sodium chicken breast in water.