Broccoli Parm Omelet
This filling omelette is full of flavor and veggies—all you need is five ingredients and fifteen minutes.
|Serving size:||Entire recipe|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
Medium frying pan
Lid for pan
Whisk or fork
Measuring cups and spoons
2 large eggs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon olive oil OR vegetable oil
1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
1 green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Whisk eggs and Parmesan cheese together in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add broccoli and green onion (if using); cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour the eggs into the pan, without stirring. Cover the pan with lid and cook until the eggs are set, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Recipe Sourced from Share our Strength’s Cooking Matters.
- This recipe is great with all kinds of vegetables like mushrooms, onions, peppers or whatever you have on hand.
- Omelets are a protein-filled breakfast, and a great way to start your day off strong.