Whip up a healthy, hearty salad in just 15 minutes. Serve it cold on a hot day.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||Doesn't apply, but 30 minutes chill time|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
3 cups raw broccoli, chopped into small pieces
1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 cup cooked ham, chicken or turkey (optional)
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
1 teaspoon vinegar (any type)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils and vegetables.
2. In a large bowl, mix together broccoli, carrot, celery, raisins, onion and meat.
3. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and vinegar.
4. Add mayonnaise mixture to the vegetable mixture and stir well to combine.
5. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.