Whip up a healthy, hearty salad in just 15 minutes. Serve it cold on a hot day.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||Doesn't apply, but 30 minutes chill time|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
3 cups raw broccoli, chopped into small pieces
1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 cup cooked ham, chicken or turkey (optional)
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
1 teaspoon vinegar (any type)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils and vegetables.
2. In a large bowl, mix together broccoli, carrot, celery, raisins, onion and meat.
3. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, and vinegar.
4. Add mayonnaise mixture to the vegetable mixture and stir well to combine.
5. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.