Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
Light, healthy, and easy to make—these weeknight-friendly peppers can be a main or side dish.
|Serving size:||1 pepper half|
|Prep time:||25 minutes|
|Cook time:||45 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour and 10 minutes|
Large mixing bowl
Square baking dish
Measuring cups and spoons
1 cup nonfat dry milk
1 1/2 cups brown rice cooked
1 cup shredded blended low-fat cheese
1 15 ounce can no salt added corn
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 medium green peppers cut in halves, seeds and stem removed
1 15 ounce can no salt added chopped tomatoes, drained
1. Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, nonfat dry milk, rice, cheese, corn, onion, black pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Place green pepper halves in a 9x9-inch baking dish.
5. Spoon mixture into pepper halves until very full. Pour tomatoes over peppers.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes.