Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
Light, healthy, and easy to make—these weeknight-friendly peppers can be a main or side dish.
|Serving size:||1 pepper half|
|Prep time:||25 minutes|
|Cook time:||45 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour and 10 minutes|
Large mixing bowl
9x9-inch baking dish
Measuring cups and spoons
1 cup low-fat dry milk
1 1/2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 cup reduced fat cheese, shredded
1 15 ounce can no salt added corn
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced OR 2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 medium green peppers cut in half, seeds and stem removed
1 15 ounce can no salt added chopped tomatoes, drained
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, non-fat dry milk, rice, cheese, corn, onion, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place green pepper halves in a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Spoon mixture into pepper halves until very full. Pour tomatoes over peppers.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.