Buckeye Apple Nachos
Packed with tasty toppings, these nachos are definitely the most delicious way to get an apple a day.
|Serving size:||1/4 of recipe (about 1/2 an apple with toppings)|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||15 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup peanut butter OR nut butter
2 apples, sliced
1/3 cup pretzels, chopped
1/2 cup unsalted nuts, chopped
1/4 cup dried fruit (raisins, low-sugar dried cranberries, etc)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- Add dark chocolate chips and peanut butter to small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 10 seconds, remove, and stir gently. Repeat microwaving 10 seconds at a time until peanut butter and chocolate chips have melted together into a pourable sauce.
- Arrange apple slices in a singular layer on a large serving plate.
- Drizzle with a spoon with half the dark chocolate and peanut butter mixture onto the apples, then sprinkle with pretzels, nuts, and dried fruit.
- Drizzle the remaining dark chocolate and peanut butter mixture.
- If you don’t have nuts in your pantry, try using chunky peanut butter in the drizzle for an extra crunch!
- We suggest using tart apples varieties such as Granny Smith, Pink Lady, or McIntosh.