Scrambled Eggs in a Mug
Packed with protein and ready in minutes, without any stovetop stress.
|Serving size:||Entire recipe|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||2 minutes|
|Total time:||7 minutes|
Microwave-safe mug or small bowl
Fork or whisk
Measuring cups and spoons
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
1 large egg
1 1/2 tablespoons low-fat milk
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper
1/4 cup fresh vegetables (halved grape tomatoes, broccoli, onion, etc.), diced
1/2 piece whole wheat bread, torn into small pieces (optional)
1 tablespoon cheese, shredded
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- In a microwave-safe mug or bowl, microwave butter for 10 second, or until butter is just melted. Add egg, milk, salt, and black pepper. Whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined and egg white is incorporated.
- Add vegetables, shredded cheese, and bread (if using). Stir together, making sure that ingredients are evenly dispersed and have not settled to bottom of mug or bowl.
- Place mug or bowl into microwave and cook on high for 1 minute.
- Remove mug or bowl, stir with a fork, and microwave on high for an additional minute. Serve immediately.