Scrambled Eggs in a Mug
Packed with protein and ready in minutes, without any stovetop stress.
|Serving size:||Entire Recipe|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||2 minutes|
|Total time:||7 minutes|
Microwave-safe mug or small bowl
Fork or whisk
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
1 large egg
1 1/2 tablespoons low-fat milk
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1/4 cup fresh, diced, mixed vegetables (halved grape tomatoes, broccoli, and onion)
1/2 piece of bread torn into small pieces (optional)
1 tablespoon shredded cheese (e.g., cheddar cheese, mozzarella, etc.)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
2. In a microwave-safe mug or bowl, microwave butter for 10 seconds or just until melted. Add egg, milk, salt, and pepper and whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined and egg white is incorporated.
3. Add vegetables, bread (if using), and shredded cheese and stir all together. Make sure ingredients are evenly dispersed and have not settled to bottom of mug.
4. Place mug or bowl into microwave and cook on high for one minute.
5. Remove mug or bowl, stir with a fork, and microwave on high for an additional minute. Serve immediately.