One part dip. One part side salad. This healthy snack couldn’t be easier.
|Serving size:||1/2 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||N/A, but chill for 1 hour|
|Total time:||1 hour, 10 minutes|
Whisk or fork
Measuring cups and spoons
1 15 ounce can no salt added corn, rinsed and drained
1 15 ounce can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15.5 ounce can no salt added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes, drained
1 small white onion, diced
1/3 cup olive oil OR vegetable oil
4 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
1 jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
1 to 2 avocados, sliced (optional)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, and vegetables.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, black beans, kidney beans, tomato, and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, and cumin (if using). Whisk the dressing ingredients together until well-combined.
- Pour the dressing into the large bowl over the veggies. Add the cilantro and jalapeño (if using) and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour, or overnight to blend flavors.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature, with sliced avocado, if using.