One part dip. One part side salad. This healthy snack couldn’t be easier.
|Serving size:||1/2 cup|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||Doesn't apply, but chill time is 1 hour|
|Total time:||1 hour, 10 minutes|
Whisk or fork
1 15-ounce can no salt added corn, rinsed and drained
1 15-ounce can no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
1 15-ounce can no salt added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15-ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes, drained
1 small white onion, diced
⅓ cup olive or vegetable oil
4 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
1 jalapeño, minced (optional)
¾ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
1 to 2 avocados, sliced (optional)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, tops of cans, and vegetables.
2. In a large bowl, combine the corn, black beans, kidney beans, tomato, and onion.
3. In a small bowl combine the oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and cumin, if using. Whisk the dressing ingredients together until well combined.
4. Pour the dressing into the large bowl over the veggies. Add the cilantro and jalapeno (if using) and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
5. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour, or overnight to blend flavors.
6. Serve chilled or at room temperature, with sliced avocado, if using.