Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Buffalo sauce isn’t just for wings anymore. This creamy but healthy casserole brings Buffalo’s most famous flavor home.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||55 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour, 10 minutes|
Cutting board, casserole dish, mixing spoon, aluminum foil
1/3 cup hot sauce
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 3/4 inch cubes OR 2 cans no salt added Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
2 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
3 cloves garlic or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
4 cups cooked spaghetti squash (~1 medium spaghetti squash)
2 ounces low-fat cream cheese, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheese (optional)
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, vegetables, and utensils.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
4. Add all ingredients in the casserole dish except shredded cheese and stir to combine. Spread out into an even layer.
5. Cover casserole dish with foil or lid and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the casserole dish from the oven and stir: the cream cheese will be soft and as you stir it will create a sauce. Re-cover with the foil or lid and bake for another 20 minutes.
6. Take casserole from oven, remove foil, stir again, sprinkle with cheese (if using), and bake for an additional 15 minutes, uncovered.