Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Buffalo sauce isn’t just for wings anymore. This creamy but healthy casserole brings Buffalo’s most famous flavor home.
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||55 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour, 10 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
1/3 cup hot sauce
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
2 stalks celery, diced
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
3 cloves garlic OR 1 tablespoon garlic powder
4 cups spaghetti squash (about 1 medium spaghetti squash), cooked
2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheese (optional)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, vegetables, and utensils.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Add all ingredients in the casserole dish except shredded cheese and stir to combine. Spread out into an even layer.
- Cover casserole dish with foil or lid and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the casserole dish from the oven and stir: the cream cheese will be soft and as you stir it will create a sauce. Re-cover with the foil or lid and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Take casserole from oven, remove foil, stir again, sprinkle with cheese (if using), and bake for an additional 15 minutes, uncovered.