Chicken and Rice Soup
Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Main Dishes | Soups | Low Fat | No Added Sugars | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
When you’re in need of a warm bowl of comfort, look no further. All the flavor of a homecooked meal with none of the work.
50 minutesTotal Time
$1.43Cost per serving *
|Temperature:||High heat, reduced to medium heat|
|Serving size:||1 1/2 cups|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||40 minutes|
|Total time:||50 minutes|
Large pot with lid
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup chicken, cooked and cubed
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1 3/4 cups fresh vegetables (such as: potatoes, carrots, celery, cabbage, etc.), chopped OR 1 12 ounce package frozen vegetable mix
1 clove garlic, minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, vegetables, and utensils.
- Place the cooked chicken, broth, and uncooked rice in a large pot over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and seasonings and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
What goes in Chicken and Rice Soup?
Frozen Mixed Vegetables
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)