Make eggplant a healthy substitute for snack chips. Slice thinly, bake and let cool for the maximum crunch factor.
|Serving size:||6-8 chips|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
Parchment paper (if using)
Pastry brush (optional)
Measuring cups and spoons
Spatula or wooden spoon
Non-stick spray (if using)
2 tablespoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
1 teaspoon Celebrate Your Plate Italian Seasoning OR savory seasoning blend (1/4 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Slice eggplant into very thin slices, about 1/8 of an inch, and place them in a single layer on the baking sheet. If all eggplant slices won't fit on one baking sheet, repeat baking process with remaining slices.
- Using your finger or a pastry brush, apply a small amount of vegetable or olive oil to the top of each eggplant slice and sprinkle with seasoning blend.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until eggplant slices become crispy. Depending on how even your slices are, some will cook faster than others.
- Remove eggplant slices from the baking sheet once they start to brown. Continue baking remaining eggplant slices until they start to brown, checking the oven every 2-3 minutes to make sure they don't burn.
- For maximum crunchiness, let eggplant slices cool completely before eating.