Dairy-Free | Desserts | Gluten-Free | Snacks | Low Sodium | Vegetarian | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
This dessert is a perfect balance of sweet apples and tart cranberries with a light crunch from the whole grain oatmeal.
50-60 minutesTotal Time
$0.55Cost per serving *
|Temperature:||350 and 400 degrees|
|Serving size:||1/2 - 3/4 cup (depending on size of apples)|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||30-40 minutes|
|Total time:||50-60 minutes|
8x8-inch baking dish or pan
Large mixing bowl
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
4 apples, cored and thinly sliced
1 14 ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce
2 tablespoons soft margarine or butter, melted
1 cup quick-cooking oats OR rolled oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, fruits, and tops of cans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish or pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine the cranberry sauce and apples in a large mixing bowl. Pour the mixture into the prepared 8x8-inch baking dish or pan.
- Cover with foil and return to oven for 25-30 minutes. The sauce should be bubbling and apples fork tender.
- While apples are baking, combine melted margarine or butter with oatmeal, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Remove apple mixture from oven and increase temperature to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle oat topping over apple/cranberry mixture. Return to oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Choose Granny Smith, Jonagold or Honey Crisp apples for best results.
- For more fruit flavor, add 1/4 cup dried cranberries, raisins or other dried fruit to the apple/cranberry mix.
- Try with other fruit in season: pears, peaches, apricots, or cherries.
What goes in Cran-Apple Crisp?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)