Whip up your own easy salsa to spice up the summer.
|Serving size:||3/4 - 1 cup|
|Prep time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 onion, diced
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeño pepper (optional)
4 cloves garlic, minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- Before you begin wash your hands, surfaces, vegetables and utensils.
- If using a jalapeno, put on latex gloves and remove the jalapeno seeds and dice small. If you don’t have gloves, wash your hands with soap and water after handling the pepper.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving so flavors can blend.
- Try other vegetables or fruit in season to the tomato and onion: cucumber, yellow squash, green pepper, broccoli, or corn. Try blueberries, oranges, apples or peaches.