Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Quick & Easy | Side Dishes | Snacks | Low Fat | No Added Sugars | Vegan | Vegetarian | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Whip up your own easy salsa to spice up the summer.
30 minutesTotal Time
$0.83Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||3/4 - 1 cup|
|Prep time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 onion, diced
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeño pepper (optional)
4 cloves garlic, minced OR 4 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 cup fresh cilantro OR parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup lemon OR lime juice
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and produce.
- If using a jalapeño, put on disposable gloves and remove the pepper seeds. Dice small. If you don't have gloves, wash your hands with soap and water after handling the jalapeño.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving so flavors can blend.
- Try adding other in-season vegetables to this dish to compliment the tomato and onion, such as cucumber, yellow squash, green pepper, broccoli, or corn.
- For a sweeter version of this recipe, use fruit such as blueberries, oranges, apples, and peaches. Remove the garlic to compliment the less savory flavor.
What goes in Summer Salsa?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)