Creamy Green Beans & Potatoes
This rich and satisfying side dish keeps it light with the addition of skim milk.
|Serving size:||1/2 cup|
|Prep time:||30 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||50 minutes|
Large Saucepan, Measuring Cups and Spoons
2 cups frozen green beans
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon corn starch
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cups roasted small potatoes, quartered
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, produce, and utensils.
- Cook frozen green beans according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium heat, stir in corn starch until evenly blended for three to four minutes.
- Slowly add basil, rosemary, salt, pepper, milk, and mushrooms stirring constantly until mixture has thickened, about five minutes.
- Add green beans and potatoes and stir until heated through, and mushrooms have fully cooked.
- If you don’t have corn starch in your pantry, try using 2 tablespoons of flour instead!