Creamy Green Beans & Potatoes
Gluten-Free | Side Dishes | Low Sodium | No Added Sugars | Vegetarian | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
This rich and satisfying side dish keeps it light with the addition of skim milk.
50 minutesTotal Time
$0.58Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||1/2 cup|
|Prep time:||30 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||50 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
2 cups frozen green beans
2 tablespoons olive oil OR vegetable oil
1 tablespoon corn starch
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 cups small potatoes, roasted and quartered
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, produce, and utensils.
- Cook frozen green beans according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium heat, stir in corn starch until evenly blended for three to four minutes.
- Slowly add basil, rosemary, salt, pepper, milk, and mushrooms stirring constantly until mixture has thickened, about five minutes.
- Add green beans and potatoes and stir until heated through, and mushrooms have fully cooked.
- If you don’t have corn starch in your pantry, try using 2 tablespoons of flour instead!
What goes in Creamy Green Beans & Potatoes?
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)