Fish and Veggie Foil Packets
Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Main Dishes | Quick & Easy | Low Sodium | Low Fat | No Added Sugars | WIC Friendly | Egg-Free | Nut-Free
Foil keeps your fish moist, tender, and flavorful.
20 minutesTotal Time
$1.56Cost per serving *
|Serving size:||1 fish and veggie packet|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
Measuring cups and spoons
* Cost and availability of recipe ingredients may vary across different regions of Ohio. Cost per serving information should be used as a general guide when considering recipe cost.
4 4 ounce (fresh or frozen) white fish fillets (tilapia, cod, perch, etc.)
2 cups (fresh or frozen) vegetable mix, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 small onion, diced
1 teaspoon lemon juice OR fresh lemon, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons Celebrate Your Plate Italian seasoning OR 2 tablespoons fresh herbs
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, utensils, and vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Tear off 4 pieces of aluminum foil, each about 12 inches long. Place all 4 pieces of baking sheet.
- Divide vegetables evenly among the four foil squares.
- Place fish fillets on top of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle garlic powder and Italian seasoning on top of the fish.
- Sprinkle fish with lemon juice (or top with lemon slice). Fold ends of tin foil together to create a pouch.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Fish should flake easily with a fork when done.
What goes in Fish and Veggie Foil Packets?
Frozen Mixed Vegetables
White Fish Fillets
Nutritional Information(Per Serving)