Cuban-Style Baked Bananas
Customize this recipe with your choice of dried fruit. Add chocolate chips or low-fat frozen yogurt for an extra special treat.
|Serving size:||1 banana, sliced|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||40 minutes|
9x13 Baking Pan, Measuring Cups and Spoons
Recipe adapted from Oregon State University’s Food Hero
6 bananas, sliced lengthwise
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons margarine, in small slices
1/2 cup raisins, or other dried, chopped fruit
1/3 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
- Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Arrange the split bananas in the pan.
- Top evenly with brown sugar, small pieces of margarine, raisins, and pecans, if using.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Look for blends that have dried fruit and nuts to add when you bake!
For a more decedent dessert, add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips onto bananas when you bake them! Or serve bananas with low-fat frozen yogurt for a delicious parfait or banana split.